Is designed and located as a terrace on The Trasimeno Lake, presenting itself as a new project by BAIOCCO VILLAS that reflects its own identity blending perfectly with nature. Built following environmental friendly and sustainable construction, therefore the materials used have been thought carefully to fit and blend the building with the environment and the surrounding buildings of the Trasimeno area.
The external walls are covered with an internal thermal insulating coat and covered with a garden roof that will provide an isolation and waterproofing system for achieving a better internal climate comfort of the building for what concerns energy and acoustical.
The main characteristic of this project are the big openings made of iron and glass that allow a view of the Trasimeno lake from the living and sleeping area. The building is able to give dynamism to the site where it was built and it is composed of: An underground floor where we can find a big living room with kitchen and a cellar, then on the first floor we can find three rooms with bathrooms. Lastly a garden with beautiful ancient oak trees, broom (Genisteae), Cistus bushes and the beautiful infinity pool with a smaller hot tub with hydromassage. The building is modern with technological solutions where is possible to appreciate the silence and beauty that the lake offers and the little town of Passignano sul Trasimeno.
Passignano is a small village that rises from the shores of Lake Trasimeno and is reflected in its gentle waters. The town, which flourished in the 16th century, is based around the charming medieval centre – although its roots go back far further – and is dominated by the Rocca castle.
The ancient heart of Passignano is ringed by medieval walls with three gateways, Castello, Torri and Torrioni, that bear witness to the transformation of what had been a small farming village in Roman times into a castle and fortress in the Middle Ages. The Rocca also houses a boat museum, with boats used on Italian inland waterways. Passignano’s history spans two thousand years before it became part of the Grand Duchy of Tuscany in 1643; it then shared the fate of that region until it was incorporated into the Kingdom of Italy in 1860.